Organic Farm Stay Holiday
Our Organic farm stay Walking Tour revolves around our environmentally friendly ethos and the Iberian pig.
You will start your stay at La Posada de San Marcos for 2 nights where you can enjoy the tranquil ambience, terraces, gardens and pool. As you will be staying in accommodation off the beaten track then this trip is full board and you can enjoy a delicious home cooked traditional meal on both evenings.
- On day 2 you will have a choice of circular walks of varying lengths and difficulty.
- Night 3 and 4 are at a certified organic Iberian Pig farm. We will transfer you to Almonaster, a short drive away, to begin your walk to the farm. Again a delicious home cooked meal awaits you in one of the houses on the farm. The next day (4) you have a guided tour of the pig farm in English so you get a good understanding of how the pigs are reared. The tour finishes with a gastronomic lunch of Iberian cured ham, sausages and home made goats cheese straight from the farm, accompanied by organic wine after which you’ll probably be ready for a siesta!
- Night 5 and 6 is at a small lodge which is a complete eco-build from materials used to renovate the original farmhouse to an environmentally responsible and resource efficient project. Home grown organic vegetables will be part of your meals here. There is a choice of circular walks around the farm land and villages for day 6.
- On night 7 you return to Alájar and La Posada de San Marcos via the Peña – the rocky outcrop that dominates the village.
Price for 8 day/ 7 night tour
950€ per person based on 2 people sharing ensuite facilities at La Posada de San Marcos. Discount available for 3 or 4 people.
- Transfer to and from Sevilla airport, 7 nights full board (Breakfast, picnics and dinners) meet and greet session to run through the week ahead over a glass of wine
- Written walking notes and corresponding map
- Luggage transfer to all accommodation
- Taxi transfer to Almonaster
- Guided and translated tour at organic farm
- Gourmet lunch at organic farm with wine