How to get from Seville to Alajar by car:
Total journey time – 1¼ hrs.
• From the airport turn right out of the carpark and follow the road up over a bridge in the left hand lane following signs to Seville. You join the A4 motorway heading towards Sevilla for one junction only (Salida 535) signed ‘Merida A66’/ SE 020 I de la Cartuja. Follow this ringroad, skirting Seville for a few Km until you reach a large roundabout, with a large stadium on your left, where you need to follow signs for the SE 30 “Todas direcciones” (all directions). Go over a long bridge following signs Merida A 66/E803.
• Once you have crossed the bridge, several destinations are indicated. Follow the blue motorway signs to Merida/ Portugal A66/E803 taking the first exit right at the end of the bridge where you join the A66/E803 Merida motorway (autovía).
To Aracena ⇓
• Follow the motorway A66 northwards towards Merida for some 35kms until you see the exit signs for “Aracena” and “Portugal” where you join the N630 for about 1 km before branching off onto the N433 heading NW. This road is marked off with kilometre posts all the way to the Portuguese border. At km 86 the road bypasses Aracena.
• As you reach the first roundabout go straight on (ignore signs to Alajar to the left) following signs to Portugal and Los Marines. You skirt around Aracena and go straight on at the next roundabout.
• Just after km 96, approx 8 km, turn left at the sign to Fuenteheridos and Peña de Arias Montano
• Continue along here, go past a fork to the right after 600m and, after a further 400m, you’ll come to a roundabout,
To Alajar ⇓
• Take the third exit following signs to Alajar, Peña Arias Montano and Hotel Rural Posada Alajar. Continue along – there is a great view at the mirador at the top of the hill – and continue down the other side.
• At the T junction turn RIGHT (ignore the sign to Alájar to your left as this takes you right through the village), 1km further turn left sign posted Alajar.
To La Posada de Alajar ⇓
• As you enter the village La Posada de Alajar is on the left hand side before you get to the square.
• If you can’t park in the square then turn around and come back out to park further up the road you will have just come along. You can stop outside the hotel to unload, getting as close to the kerb as possible.
To La Posada de San Marcos ⇓
Continue past La Posada de Alájar into the square passing the restaurant “El Corcho” on your right. Turn right after the restaurant towards the church tower and turn left just before the tower, passing the church on your right. Continue straight on keeping right and bear right down Antonio Milla street. Take the next right into Parroco Manuel Moya and San Marcos is at the end of this street.
You can turn left into the dead end street to unload the car and park in this street on the left hand side if there is a spot available.
The doorbell is on the right hand side of the façade at hip height (for disability access) so please ring this so we can come and let you in. It is best to press both buttons as they ring in upstairs and downstairs. If we haven’t appeared within a minute or so then please ring the mobile number that is on the door (00 34 667906132) as we may well have nipped out into the village or be in the garden where we can’t hear the bell. Thanks.