Christmas and New Year Walking Holidays
Self Guided Walking Tours Andalucia
NIGHTS: 4 minimum
MEALS: 4 breakfasts, 2 dinners, ? picnics
PRICE: from 300€ per person (based on 4 nights 2 people sharing)
TYPE: single-centre walking holiday
What's in Programme
• Transport ?
• Accommodation in comfortable La Posada de San Marcos hotel (with all facilities including washing machine, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, fridge, fully equipped kitchen.
– All linen provided including towels
– Breakfast is on us, and you’ll have a chance to try traditional Andalucian Breakfast
– Packed lunches on hike days including …
– Full information pack (one per party) to include compass, walk descriptions, maps and map holder, and guidebooks (where appropriate)
– Guided orientation walk round the village with your hosts pointing out location of restaurants & bars, banks (including those with cash dispensers), post offices, tourist information office, telephone kiosks, police station, 24-hour emergency clinic, pharmacies and internet cafes
– The use of a Spanish mobile phone to enable you to keep in contact in case of emergencies
– Car to/from the start/finish of each day’s walk.
∗Extra nights at La Posada de San Marcos: 85€ per night (based on 2 people sharing a room)
∗Picnic and walking notes: 25€ picnic for 2 and 1 day’s walking notes
∗Extra dinner can be provided on request during your stay (depending on time of year) and there are plenty of restaurants where you can try the local delicacies, especially at the weekend.
Andalucia New Year Break – a perfect antidote to grey winter
Bring in the Andalucian New Year at La Posada De San Marcos and enjoy a New Year’s break to get away from it all!
You can take it easy with a good book sitting by the fire and surrounded by the comfort of underfloor heating provide by our heat pump or you can take advantage of our detailed photographic walking notes which will show you your way around ancient cobbled paths, beautiful views and tiny villages where time has almost stood still.
Andalucia Holidays could be even better
Why don’t you extend your stay until the 6th Jan to include the magic evening of the 3 Kings (5th Jan) where the whole of Spain celebrates the arrival of the 3 wise men in Bethlehem with floats and parades. In the big cities it is a huge affair where the floats all follow a theme and the 3 Kings throw masses of sweets – young and old alike fight for them.
In Alájar and Linares it is a quieter affair, much more intimate and the whole village is involved. Linares de La Sierra has nativity scenes throughout the village where the villagers dress up and and depict a scene of their choice without moving a mot. You can wander around the organised route without missing a scene. The 3 Kings parade follows with the Kings on donkeys! Hot chocolate and homemade cakes are the order of the day not to mention a quick shot of the local aniseed firewater. At the end of the parade the Kings dismount from their thrones and make their way to the church where all the children are waiting for their present. Experience authentic true Spain with us! Book Andalucia New Year Break with extended stay. Stay with locals live like local. We’ll gladly explain you all the details of this canonic holiday so you enrich you knowledge about other country culture and habits. And not to mention that it’s simply beautiful to watch the parade – a luck for photographers. You’ll have plenty of amazing photos to show your friends back at home. [metaslider id=540]
Why Walk in Sierra Aracena Nature Park
Climate: temperate mediterranean, the nearby Atlantic helps to make it milder in general, summers are less sweltering than in nearby areas
Relief: rolling hills with gentle, less rugged relief than the rest of Sierra Morena
Height: modest altitudes from 90 m to 1053 (the highest point of province of Huelva)
Nature: because of particular climate some of flora and fauna here are quite rare elsewhere in the southern Spain
Benefits of walking & staying with us
We are family hotel:
• you stay in small & quiet, with only 6 rooms hotel
• you get personal attitude and service
• you get warm greeting and friendly company, if you want
We are locals, so you get:
• insights into Andalucian life, culture, local activities & food
• a wealth of information on walking routes
• benefit from our personal contacts throughout the region
• emergency / back up support in any case
We are flexible, so you can choose:
• start day
• the length of your holiday
• walking style
• ask for additional services & info
new year walking breaks
All our guests are like minded walking enthusiasts with a love for the outdoors.